• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New here and it's all abit..... strange!

Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a retired teacher. I had to retire when I became disabled and ended up housebound way back in 2000. Nice start to the Millennium! I didn't want to give up teaching, so the Brittish's Department of Science and Education kept my registration and I started teaching PS, as an art tool, from the unit I now live in.
As my condition is progressive... I find my ability to teach is becoming more of a problem and I started messing around with the idea of getting my support dog Finn, to talk and be my voice online. I tried CrazyTalk, but it is so unstable and cumbersome that it wasn't worth the effort. Then I saw Character Animator and the way that this links to the face and possible live animation.... I just had to give it a go. Getting the package was the first problem. I teach from home, I don't teach in school... because of my disabilities, but try telling Adobe that!? Anyway.. I'm here and just about to try out CA for the first time.

I have two goals:

1. Create a Finn persona that I can add any of my audio tracks to and Finn will speak for me.

2. Create online lessons for Primary School Children using Finn as the Teacher.

Fingers crossed that I'll be up and running by the end of the year... Not running... but you know what I mean!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved out of the Forum Lounge (no technical support is available there) and to the Character Animator forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon... thanks for your advice and I'll just post here from now on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Finnandyou!

Sounds great! The children will love it!

You will be able to do some phantastic lessons with Character Animator!

Feel free to post any question in the forum for we try to help each other as best as we can. Do try to watch the Okay Samurai (a.k.a. Dave Werner) tutorials on youtube first, though, they are a great and fun way to learn and also will answer most of the newbie-questions.

Welcome to the world of Adobe Character Animator!

Cheers,

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi finnandme

Welcome to Character Animator. It's a really nice app -- easy to use once you get into it.

If you ever want to discuss work flow, or have a technical question, this is the place to post them.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jerry and thanks for the welcome... enjoyed my first day going over the Beginner's Guide and setting up a blog to record my progress. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome and good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dave! Enjoying your videos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines