• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selective Restricted Form Fields

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC (CC); How can I make only 4 fields editable (including signature) on a restricted multifield form? I've looked for a solution everywhere. It is a contract/estimate that my client fills and then restricts. He sends to client for name, signature, auth checkbox and PO. I have used "Protect" and checked properties but am only able to apply generally to the WHOLE form. I also tried to un/restrict editing of individual fields but it also applies to ALL fields. So to be clear I want to selectively restrict which should be easy! I sent the above to Adobe Chat Help, Twitter, and I've called and support is not very responsive.

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Set the fields you don't want to be editable as read-only or as hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the fields you don't want to be editable as read-only or as hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I figured this out and you are correct, although it seems a bit clunky. But are the fields editable by someone with Acrobat DC without adding security? This is the most important part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, someone with Acrobat will be able to edit those fields. To prevent that you must use a security policy or a digital signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is that once you protect the form then NONE of the fields are editable. I need a few fields available for the client to sign, add PO, click checkbox...Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A digital signature can be used to lock just some fields. That's the only method I'm aware of to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen any reference for that.  I'll take a look. Do you have a link for that by chance? Thanks for your help!

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-to-lock-form-fields-using-a-digital-signature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems like you found a link already... In step #6 of the tutorial you'll see that you can select which fields to lock using the digital signature field, and which to leave editable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines