Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resizing anchored graphics

Enthusiast ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I'm looking to see if there's any easy way around this dilemma:

I have a bunch of tiny anchored graphics that are inline throughout a document.  I just had to make all of them smaller, so I resized the original graphic files.  My problem is that the anchored graphics in the document then changed their scaling so that they're all still the same size (they all blew up to 119%).  I need every one of them resized to 100% with the frame then fit to the graphic.  Is there any non-manual way of doing that?  So far, I'm having to select each-and-every one of them individually.  Transform object doesn't seem to work.  And they're actually difficult to grab because they're pasted inline.  They all have an object style applied, but it doesn't look like there are any options within the object style to change percentages, etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Phyllis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a little quicker if you use find/replace.

Fix one of them manually. Highlight the anchored object hidden character in your text (turn on hidden characters if they aren't). Cmnd or ctrl-c to copy it. Then in find/replace, choose the GREP tab, select markers/anchored object markers from the special characters to search flyout. Then in the replace field choose other/clipboard contents, unformatted from the special characters to replace flyout.

If they're all the same anchored object you can do a replace all. If not, you may have to use the change/find to selectively replace them one at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before relinking, go to your file handling preferences, and uncheck Preserve Image Dimensions When Relinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!!  Both of these responses are very helpful.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Without more info! … Something like this!

/*

Written by Michel Allio [2016/11/05]

See: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2231639

+ Undo!

At your own risk!

*/

app.doScript("main()", ScriptLanguage.javascript, undefined, UndoModes.FAST_ENTIRE_SCRIPT, "Update Anchored Graphics To 100%! …");

function main()

var myDoc = app.activeDocument;

var myGraphics = myDoc.allGraphics;

var savedHorizontalMeasurementUnits = myDoc.viewPreferences.horizontalMeasurementUnits; 

var savedVerticalMeasurementUnits = myDoc.viewPreferences.verticalMeasurementUnits; 

myDoc.viewPreferences.horizontalMeasurementUnits = MeasurementUnits.MILLIMETERS; 

myDoc.viewPreferences.verticalMeasurementUnits = MeasurementUnits.MILLIMETERS;

for ( var g = 0; g < myGraphics.length; g++ ) {

var myGraphic = myGraphics;

var myGB = myGraphic.geometricBounds;

if ( myGraphic.parent.parent.constructor.name == "Character"

&& myGraphic.verticalScale != 100 && myGraphic.verticalScale < 120

&& myGraphic.horizontalScale != 100 && myGraphic.horizontalScale < 120 ) {

myGraphic.verticalScale = myGraphic.horizontalScale = 100;

myGraphic.fit(FitOptions.FRAME_TO_CONTENT);

}

}

myDoc.viewPreferences.horizontalMeasurementUnits = savedHorizontalMeasurementUnits; 

myDoc.viewPreferences.verticalMeasurementUnits = savedVerticalMeasurementUnits;

}

// ___ (^/) ___

This script will find all images anchored whose H/V scale are not 100% and < 120%

All these graphics will be rescaled to 100% and the image box fitted to the graphic contained.

(^/) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines