• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to delete old versions of programs

Enthusiast ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to CC 2017. And I noticed that I have 2014 and 2015 versions on my computer of all the programs I use. What is the best way to delete these? I know about the uninstaller, which I will use. But how can I be sure there aren't things I'm using that are part of those older suites? Or does it not work like that? I'm on an iMac. Thanks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Lots of changes in CC 2017 compared to previous versions. Interface changes. Features removed or changed. That upsets established workflows for many people.

Plus not all previous version extensions and add-ons work in CC 2017 yet so many people want to keep using old versions... then find they've already been removed.

To answer your question about uninstalling, follow these steps:

Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AABBCCJuile wrote:

I just updated to CC 2017. And I noticed that I have 2014 and 2015 versions on my computer of all the programs I use.

The default behavior of the CC 2017 installer is to remove old versions.

When you updated to CC 2017 did you specifically uncheck "Remove old versions" in the Advanced Options?

Update apps to Adobe Creative Cloud 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ummmm. Nope. I didn't even notice that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems odd that old versions are still installed when the default is to remove them.

Almost all posts in these forums about CC 2017 installation and old versions are from people being surprised that old versions were unexpectedly removed which is the way Adobe has set the default installation behavior. Many people, me included, feel this is a mistake. Yours is the first post I've seen saying that old versions still exist.

Which operating system are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS 10.10.5.  Why do you think that it's a mistake? i.e., what is the benefit of saving older versions? I'm afraid to remove them... but I know they are taking up lots of space, so I don't know if I need to keep them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lots of changes in CC 2017 compared to previous versions. Interface changes. Features removed or changed. That upsets established workflows for many people.

Plus not all previous version extensions and add-ons work in CC 2017 yet so many people want to keep using old versions... then find they've already been removed.

To answer your question about uninstalling, follow these steps:

Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines