• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cc 2017 - linked images looking warped

Participant ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to CC 2017 yesterday. Some of my linked images in documents preview in a warped / stretched sort of way. PDF export is fine. Anyone else experiencing this?

sample.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

This has been happening to me for days; View > Preview on CPU ​finally fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file type are the images?

Did you try an IDML cleaning?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JPEG image. I did not try exporting to IDML. The issue seems to have gone away for now. I will try the IDML thing if it happens again.

This is a side note, but in our studio we have two 27" iMacs that downloaded all the 2017 cc updates a few weeks ago. Both computers have been very crashy ever since. Averaging 3 crashes (totally unresponsive computer) a week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our studio has recently upgraded to CC2017 and are also encountering this issue, Joe. We're running InDesign CC version 12.0.0.81, Max OS 10.11.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be a GPU bug. Try View > Preview on CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been happening to me for days; View > Preview on CPU ​finally fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same version of InDesign here. I'm on OSX 10.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am having this exact same issue. Its happening more and more, images are warped or stretched like your example, yet are actually fine when PDFd or when you close doc and open it again. Yet it keeps happening in lots of different docs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any answer or update at this at all? Any experts out there? Will it be addressed in the next update? Its still happening for me, pictures appearing 'warped' or stretched sometimes, even in smaller documents with only a couple of pictures.

Note it doesn't actually effect anything as far as I can tell. That is, sometimes the image is like that and sometimes its not, but when you PDF or print the doc it doesn't show up like that, so doesn't actually cause any problems. Leads me to believe its just a visual, screen issue? (iMac late 2015 Sierra, CC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines