• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any hope for Radeon r9 380x?

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought that graphic card and I was sure it's gonna be supported by the Premiere Pro. But as it turns out it's not. I can't turn on my GPU support and further editing just can't be done due realy bad performance of premiere pro.
Is there any solution to work Premiere Pro Properly or do I have to change my graphic card?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be the answer:

Newer AMD drivers, including all of those that are compatible with the R9 380x, now no longer support OpenCL. (The hardware for OpenCL support is there; it's just that all recent drivers have that support disabled in the driver code.) Thus, you now effectively have no GPGPU support at all with any 300- or 400-series AMD GPUs. A rollback to an older driver may help - but then you'd have to downgrade to an older AMD GPU for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i find it difficult to believe amd would do such a thing, do you have any links to articles etc to show this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there have been several problems/bugs with premiere and amd and intel cards, but your amd card should work. if you have an cpu with internal graphics you might want to try disabling that and see if premiere can then find and use the amd r9 380x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines