Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2017 no longer import png files

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As i said it in the title, AE 2017 can't import png file anymore.

The png loader bundle is present but not working in the program (see the screenshot)

Screenshot.png

The only way to import a png file is to select "all files" then specify the filetype as "Quicktime" and voilà !

It is a quicktip but if you have to load a project that include a lot of stills or png sequences... Just horrible !

Did i missed up something ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about using Media Browser to import the files? I'm not sure why the png file import is missing, but I really like using Media Browser for loading multiple files without opening a new window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just drag files into the project pane to import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me that does not work.

And because of that, when i load a project with a lot of png files, i do not have any other choice to load them as quicktime files as we can't do it with the media browser.

I think it's a mistake or i forgot something...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in my Windows 7 system it works fine.

this could be OS related - what is your version?

please specify the steps to reproduce the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you just wait for the second bug fix to come out?

The FIRST bug fix typically fixes common bugs -- and who knows, yours may be among them -- but breaks things that once worked just fine.

The SECOND bug fix generally fixes the bugs created by the first bug fix.

In addition you can probably look forward to a third bug fix, which addresses more exotic & rare bugs.

What to do in the meantime?  Use an earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me also. It must be a mistake on Adobe's part, but I can't imagine how something like this would happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So has anyone found a solution to this? Because my project was working fine on my Mac OS when I left it last night, opened it up this morning and the .png files are all disconnected, I go replace the file and all .png files are inaccessible.

I need a solution pretty quickly Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines