• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC17 error- there is a problem accessing the audio or video...

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

installed cc17 yesterday, all good until just now, opening an ae15.3 project i get the error below.

ae_thereisaproblem.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely try reloading the footage to see if that fixes the problem. This could have happened if you moved the footage to a different folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did try a reload the footage, then cc17 crashed. all source files in their correct folders and haven't been moved. have to export for delivery, going back to 15.3. will troubleshoot this weekend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you just wait for the second bug fix to come out?

The FIRST bug fix typically fixes common bugs -- and who knows, yours may be among them -- but breaks things that once worked just fine.

The SECOND bug fix generally fixes the bugs created by the first bug fix.

In addition you can probably look forward to a third bug fix, which addresses more exotic & rare bugs.

What to do in the meantime?  Use an earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More unhelpful comments from Mr LaRonde. If no-one used new versions of software then these bugs would take 10 times longer to be routed out as it would just be left to the dev team to find them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rikbogusz wrote:

i did try a reload the footage, then cc17 crashed. all source files in their correct folders and haven't been moved. have to export for delivery, going back to 15.3. will troubleshoot this weekend

How did the troubleshooting go?

If the answer is, "not well", I have some follow-up questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i restored my startup drive from an image just before i installed cc17, i ran the updates and installed again last weekend, and that problem seems to have evaporated. have had a few other odd issues, for example in one of my projects converted from 15.3, deleting a nested comp in a particular comp will cause ae to crash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

rikbogusz wrote:

i restored my startup drive from an image just before i installed cc17, i ran the updates and installed again last weekend, and that problem seems to have evaporated. have had a few other odd issues, for example in one of my projects converted from 15.3, deleting a nested comp in a particular comp will cause ae to crash

Glad it's working for the most part! That crashing is an odd thing for it to do. Now I'm really curious. What effects, expressions, etc. are in it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know how that works for you! In the past, when some new versions come out I've had to start a new project with the new version. If there are other ways to avoid this, I'd love to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines