• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign script starts aftereffects

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a jsx script that I have been using successfully for 6 months. The script calls indesign and outputs a document.

The first line of the script is #target indesign-11.

Now when I run the script, After Effects starts up and reports that it can't create my document.

This happened a week again, and then somehow remedied itself. Everything was working fine yesterday. Today I have been using Premier Pro for video editing. I then switched back to doing InDesign and my script is back to starting After Effects instead of InDesign.

I'd really like it if #target indesign-11 just started indesign. Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes #target is using to starting the application.. may i know where you ran the script? From indesign itself or in Extend script toolkit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I call the script from python. Here is the command

p1 = subprocess.Popen(['open', '/Users/apple/Documents/Adobe Scripts/IDauto_free1.1.jsx'], stdout=subprocess.PIPE)

This request is handled by extend script.

Thanks

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you upgrade the version? Better use #target indesign instead of #target indesign-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No haven't upgraded. I noticed yesterday that if I do not have indesign running then the script will start indesign. But if I do have indesign running the script will start after effects. What kind of madness is this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines