• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Lightroom libraries stored on a Seagate wireless plus disk on an ipad

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have stored my Lightroom catalogs and libraries on a Seagate wireless plus disk. I would like to be able to open my Lightroom libraries stored on the wireless disk on my ipad via my ipad Lightroom app, given the limited amount of storage available on an ipad.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to ask such a question. But does the iPad have the full Mac operating system? If the iPad works on the IOS mobile system you will be able to do what you want  to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ipad is running ios 10.1

Started Lightroom app. There is no mechanism that allows me to see the wireless disk.

Started Seagate media and tried opening the .lrcat catalog file, to no avail.

I am still not able to do what I want to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom Mobile app doesn't know how to read Lightroom Desktop catalogs.  The only way the two programs communicate is via syncing collections in the cloud. 

You can submit a feature request in the official Adobe feedback forum: Photoshop Lightroom | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

iOS 10 is a mobile operating system. You can't run the desktop Lightroom on an iPad. In order to open the Lightroom catalog it is necessary to be running  the desktop version of Lightroom that runs on the Mac operating system and Windows operating system. If you subscribe to the creative cloud  then you can use Lightroom mobile on your iPad and access images that you choose to share and make available from your main computer. But you cannot open a Lightroom catalog with just an iPad and Lightroom Mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines