Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edge Animate animations not working with FIREFOX

Engaged ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem with FIREFOX

Almost all of my websites have animated sliders on them that have been made with Edge Animate in Muse. I know it's no longer supported but it has always worked just fine until now. The animations are not loading consistently and usually they don't load at all. This problem is only with Firefox.

After much testing I've found what works and what does not.

1. Clicking "REFRESH" does NOT make the animations load.

2. Clicking the cursor at the end of the domain name and pressing "ENTER" does make them load usually. Try and see.

http://expresswebstudio.com - Each page has an animation but sometimes they don't load. Some animations are 100% width backgrounds with another animation in front of it. They overlap and are timed to run together. I do have plenty of websites with multiple animations and they work if refreshed.

http://dfwaffordablehometheater.com - A lot of animations on this website are not loading. If you manually refresh some will load but not all of them.

You can see more websites with animations on my portfolio page. You'll know which ones aren't loading by the big blank space.

(A few of the websites don't have animations.)

http://expresswebstudio.com/portfolio.html

Can somebody look into this and find out why all of a sudden they are not loading right?

This kind of stuff makes us look really bad to our customers and we need solutions to problems like this. I'll also add that Adobe wants us to get excited about new software yet they sometimes just discontinue a product and leave us hanging with no real replacement. Animate CC is NOT user friendly and a terrible replacement for Edge Animate.

FYI There is a setting in Edge Animate for this but it doesn't seem to make a difference in which ones work anyway I think.

Edge Animate animation not loading problem.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

You can not cheat fate and become a web developer only with the help of visual editors. If you do not know the code and are not able to work with it, the maximum package of services that you can offer - only design.

OAM is not stable format. Problems arise with it in any browser, not only in Firefox. All programs Edge series were experimental . Even at the time when they were supported by their not worth it to use for client sites.

There is only one way to solve the problem - to integrate the so

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MikeV1234 wrote:

FYI There is a setting in Edge Animate for this but it doesn't seem to make a difference in which ones work anyway I think.

Edge Animate animation not loading problem.JPG

cdn = content delivery network and you have not hosted with Adobe so I'm not sure what you expect.

one of the bigger ones around is maxcdn and they would be my pick for a US based site but their new secure line has had issues here in Australia and England... a temp problem

Adobe edge is not flash so they dropped it... Animate can make (some) banner type adds as long as you don't want any control over them and I agree its not as good but I assume Adobe is still working on it so wait for something better to come along or learn how to use less content.

p.s, for what its worth your site does load in my FF first time but my internet is very good for Australia

Screenshot (334).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can not cheat fate and become a web developer only with the help of visual editors. If you do not know the code and are not able to work with it, the maximum package of services that you can offer - only design.

OAM is not stable format. Problems arise with it in any browser, not only in Firefox. All programs Edge series were experimental . Even at the time when they were supported by their not worth it to use for client sites.

There is only one way to solve the problem - to integrate the source code.

4bddd2d7aa.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines