• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open PS after updating to 2017 version

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have updated my CC to 2017 version and can open Lightroom but NOT photoshop!! "Windows has encountered a problem and will close" ....what do I do. I need photoshop!!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Uninstalled as advised kglad but hasnt worked. I get the same error message as before. "windows encountered problem and will close"

Not very impressed with Adobe, always problems. I'm paying for this and have to revert to a previous version!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use the cc desktop app to uninstall ps, Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps

remove your preference files for ps if given the option during uninstall. if you're not given the option, remove them manually -  https://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776

restart your computer

reinstall ps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalled as advised kglad but hasnt worked. I get the same error message as before. "windows encountered problem and will close"

Not very impressed with Adobe, always problems. I'm paying for this and have to revert to a previous version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I do have the exact same problem since I've updated my CC2015 to CC2015.5 and then to CC2017. I'm using Windows 10 and my graphic card drivers are up-to-date. I have no error code and don't see what can be wrong! Did anybody found a solution to that problem? Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im still waiting for a solution from Adobe gaetanp87571092.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I just removed all my Lavasoft softwares (Ad-aware and Web companion) and now CC2017 is working fine!

I Hope that this will solve your problem too!

Thank you David Dobish (Senior QE Photoshop) for the idea!

PS: I got the info from here:

Photoshop CC 2017: Has stopped working (windows) | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines