• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want Lightroom 6 to store photos on Mac hard drive [rather than recently added external SSD drive]

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I added an external SSD drive to my iMac for system and applications files. Now I find that Lightroom is storing images on the SSD drive instead of the desired internal hard drive (where there's lots more space).

How can I instruct LR to store images on the hard drive, even though the system and LR are on the SSD drive?

Once I've completed the reassignment, how can I best move the photos from the SSD drive to the HD without screwing up the catalog?

Thanks,

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you set the correct destination in your import panel. After you've imported once to your internal, Lightroom will have added it to your browser on the left and you can move files and whole folders (much faster than file by file) between drives by dragging files or folders from your ssd to your internal In Lightroom. You can also move folders in finder but then you have to tell Lightroom later that the folders have moved by reconnecting the folders in Lightroom to their new locations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines