• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to change camera tracking data after the track?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing a "drone" shot in a miniature set.  The set included models placed on a green screen, and the intent was to have a practical set with some photoshop matte painting elements.  Eventually, I decided to drop the practical elements, but keep the camera tracking data.  So, basically, I have a "real" camera move through a 100% virtual set.

The whole thing looks great, except for the last couple of seconds.  I need to ever-s-slightly nudge the camera so that it's pointing where I need it to point.  However, the camera tacking data is all locked (in red) and I can't manipulate the values.

I CAN manipulate the timing of the keyframes, and I've done that to tweak the camera's speed.  There seems to be no way to control facing, however.

I could completely redo the camera move with a null object, but it would lose the "hand help" feel that I love so much.

I'd appreciate any thoughts!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why not parent the camera to a null and keyframe it only in the desired places? you can set the null at the focal distance of the camera before you parent the camera if you need to control the POI of the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could do this, but I'd lose all of the "charm" of the hand-held camera.  I know I can use a wiggle expression, but I was hoping to find a way to work with the data I have.

This seems like the only sensible way to move forward, though.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wait a second I now realized you said "locked" ib red. do you mean the graph editor? I am not sure how you wo lose any movement if you are just offsetting with a null. if you want you can share a few screenshots or a video and maybe there is a way to help you get what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines