• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renaming catalog

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to rename a catalog. Can this be done and how?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

You would use File Explorer or Finder to open the folder that contains your catalog and rename it using your operating system. After you have completed the rename process, just double-click on it with its new name and it should open up in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would use File Explorer or Finder to open the folder that contains your catalog and rename it using your operating system. After you have completed the rename process, just double-click on it with its new name and it should open up in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I know if I change photo files outside of LR, LR gets lost so I didn't think that would work but, it did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Do you also need to alter the names of the related folders like:

Previews.irdata

smart previews.irdata

thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you rename them at the same time as the catalog, the Previews and Smart Previews will already be built and used.

If you do not rename then Lr creates new Previews folders (with the new catalog name ) that it has to re-build.

Have a look at this link by Laura Shoe-

How to Safely Rename Your Lightroom Catalog | Laura Shoe's Lightroom Training, Tutorials and Tips​

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines