• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graduated Filter- Now White instead of Black?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to figure out why the graduated filter seems to be working in reverse..  When I pull the filter onto the image, it starts out as brilliant white and fades into the image - as opposed to what i'm used to;  Black (shadowy) fading into the image.

At first, I thought I should turn all the highlights-whites-exposure etc <down on the tool itself.  That did nothing but make it look pale grey.

So anybody know how to get the GF back into darkening-mode?  I also tried going into settings>Reset all settings.  Nope.

Thank you!grad filter.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not show in your screen-clip, but it is likely you have the Exposure slider moved 'up'. (I do not see the panel for the Gradient filter!)

Leave the highlights, whites, shadows, blacks, sliders all at '0'

Adjust one slider at a time as you judge the result.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks..  It just started working again.  I did what you said, but then what you said is what I was already trying for a half hour.  Working, but now stumped as to why making the exposure adjustment didn't work before.  Oh well, hopefully it won't do that again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines