Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't solve PERMISSION PROBLEM

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2016 Oct 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FP not installed.

When I download the current version  I receive message:" Insufficient user privileges to install application"

I have followed the Chris Campbell forum response (9/20/16) for discussion titled: How do i fix permission problem with Flash Player.

All 9 steps completed successfully except FP is not installed.

I have followed all the steps twice.

Browser: Firefox 49.0.1

FP version: none

I've been trying off and on for 2-3 months to try to get FP to work.  What do I have to do??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Flash Player requires Admin permissions to install. Does the user Account you are using have Admin permissions?  Please provide the FlashInstall.log file saved at the following location (depending on your OS architecture):

• 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

Upload the file to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document  and post the link to the uploaded file in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "How do i fix permission problem with Flash Player" FAQ is for a different error, not the one you are reporting.  The "Insufficient user privileges to install application" error is only returned when the user account installing Flash Player does not have Admin permissions.  According to the log file you provided, Flash Player NPAPI plugin for Firefox was installed, without error, on 11-Oct via Background Update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the log file you provided, Flash Player NPAPI plugin for Firefox was installed, without error, on 11-Oct via Background Update.  So, what does this mean as far as getting Flash Player to install an update? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the same log file, the latest version, 23.0.0.185, is installed on the system.  If you don't see Flash content, check to see if Flash Player is enabled in the browser. See Enable Flash Player for Firefoxā€‹.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox status: "Always Activate"."Enable Flash Protected Mode" is also checked.Shall I uncheck that even though there is a warning? [Warning: Disabling Flash protected mode makes your computer more vulnerable to security exploits. Do not disable this feature unless you are affected by poor Flash performance.Well, I am having poor performance since I currently have no performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like for you to perform a clean install.  This will completely uninstall Flash Player from the system.  You'll then re-install Flash, using an account that has Admin permissions as Admin permissions are required to install Flash Player.  Please refer to the FAQ How do I do a clean install of Flash Player - Windows?  for instructions on performing a clean installation of Flash Player.  If an error is returned when re-installing Flash Player, upload a new FlashInstall.log file to cloud.acrobat.com/send and post the link to the uploaded file in your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I clicked on the link for clean install instructions I was able to run the video in spite of the text:

If you are viewing this page in Firefox and Flash Player is not working, please click here for an HTML5 version of this video: YouTube HTML5 HD Link What does that indicate?I really don't want to have to go through a clean install since I have little confidence that I'll be able to follow all the steps successfully. 

If I disabled Flash Protected Mode would that allow me to run Flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you need any more information from me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of files in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\ directory that cannot be removed/replaced due to Microsoft 'ACCESS DENIED" error code.  The script from the How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?  FAQ should have cleared that up.  Not sure why it didn't.  Microsoft has a similar script, but it fixes permissions on the entire registry/file system.  You can try running that one to see if it fixes the permissions our script didn't fix.  See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/968003  for more information and the script to run.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try running that one to see if it fixes the permissions our script didn't fix. 

Note If you receive errors when you run SubInAcl, see the following Microsoft blog:

Notes about a couple of possible issues while using the SubInAcl tool.

I would really like to get this program to run but I DO NOT want to take a chance on creating a registry problem ("possible issues") which may prevent some other application from running.

I have another pc running Windows 7 and the application which won't run on this pc (because of FP) will run on the other pc.  Would a comparison of certain files or settings on the two pc's help identify the reason why FP won't run here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm going to give up.

I'm just not willing to take the chance that running these script(s) to fix FP will screw up something else which is more important to me.  I'll have to either due without the functionality which should be available through FP or try running the application on another PC.

Very disappointing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines