• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low fps and doesn’t automatically render the clips.

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just added a solid layer to the project, and did some Saber effect for 2 seconds. however when I play the entire video by pressing the space bar, it goes extremely slow, and showing I only got 3 fps in real time. The little narraow green bar (the rendering bar?) does not render automatically, it only render when I drag the indicator or play the video. Is there anyway to solve that? I also notice that After Effect says my GPU is not supported, mine is GTX970m.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016
when I play the entire video by pressing the space bar, it goes extremely slow, and showing I only got 3 fps in real time.

the first insight I can give you is that After effects is not a real time playback software. it's not like Premiere for example. unless you are using just one video or a very simple setup, you won't be able to just hit space bar and watch it play in real-time until it loads the frames into memory (the green bar). you can load the frames to memory by caching them as you try t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I play the entire video by pressing the space bar, it goes extremely slow, and showing I only got 3 fps in real time.

the first insight I can give you is that After effects is not a real time playback software. it's not like Premiere for example. unless you are using just one video or a very simple setup, you won't be able to just hit space bar and watch it play in real-time until it loads the frames into memory (the green bar). you can load the frames to memory by caching them as you try to play and play them when they are in memory, or you can cache before playback which will first load them to memory and then play them. these preview settings can be configured to your shortcuts in the preview panel.

read all about it here:

Preview without rendering in After Effects

I also notice that After Effect says my GPU is not supported, mine is GTX970m.

about your GPU - the message you saw is about the ray-traced  3D renderer which is obsolete and you GPU is not supported for the use of this renderer. on CC 2017 you can use the superior C4D renderer that does the same thing only better, and it works on the CPU, not GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I change the renderer setting to C4D? Now it's Classic 3D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

only in CC 2017. you can do this in the composition settings. you also have a toggle switch as soon as one layer is 3D.

make sure you understand how to use it and why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GoodluckH wrote:

how do I change the renderer setting to C4D? Now it's Classic 3D

In your scenario, that's all you need; you don't need the C4D renderer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines