• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects: 3D Composition, lights not working.

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only just started using After Effects but I am doing ok I think, I have made numerous images in Photoshop and created a 3D scene out of them in After Effects.

I have begun adding particles such as rain and lightning, and I want to add a spot light to light up the city as the lightning strikes, but when I add a new light layer it does not have any affect on the scene. I have tampered fully with the options but no matter what I do with it it doesn't affect the project at all. I am used to a light turning everything black if the parameters are too narrow, but this is completely new to me and I don't know what's going on. I need this to work for a University deadline coming soon so any help is appreciated.

Work 03.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

this is your culprit

Draft 3D switch disables lights, shadows, and depth-of-field blur for cameras. it's currently active. switch it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is your culprit

Draft 3D switch disables lights, shadows, and depth-of-field blur for cameras. it's currently active. switch it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! You're my hero, that sorted it.

Thanks very much, one day I'll learn what all this stuff does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you definitely should invest as much time as you can in learning what you can. After effects is fun to play with, but intuition can only get you so far. when things get complex, your knowledge will help you avoid or at least understand the pitfalls. that and the forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you helped in 2020 thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pls help me how do I make layers accept light

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to make layer accept lights please explain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so so much. This was a life saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines