Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements crashed after mp4 added and now no audio in playback

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone

Im an amateur film maker so please forgive me if I am not up with all the tech lingo.. I have been using elements 13 on my Mac which is only 2 years old and produced a few films which I am happy with.

I recently tried to remake an old film which was an mp4 and when I added it to my elements project it crashed, now audio will not playback, in any of my projects, only in new media I add?

Ive tried a few basic things like changing elements audio settings and OS audio settings but no luck.. Ive also tried updating the os and downloading the elements 15 trial, same thing..

Ive since learnt that importing mp4's is not as easy as I thought, but at the moment I would just like to get back to square one and have audio on my existing projects, any thoughts greatly appreciated thanks.

Cheers, Julian.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved out of the Forum Lounge (not for technical support) and over to the Premiere Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the origin of the MP4 that you're using as your source video? Is it from a camcorder?

Some MP4s -- such as those created by programs like SnapIt and FRAPS -- use a variable frame rate as part of their compression, and that can be problematic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

The mp4 is an old film I put together in windows movie maker that I wanted to fix up in elements.

Ive since changed the audio source in the elements 15 trial that I downloaded, there was a message next to one of the sources saying (not working).

I clicked around a little bit and it dissapeared and now it works.

I hope it will work when the trial is finished and I go back to the old version?

Will i need elements 15 to work on my old films?

Cheers, Julian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't vouch for how non-camcorder video will behave in Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines