Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC and Dehaze

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am hoping someone can help me.  I purchased a subscription to the creative cloud photography plan last year and i have only just heard about the dehaze tool in lightroom (i know i am a bit behind the times).

I have searched under effects and the brush and cannot find the option at all.

The lightroom that it appears that I am running on my mac is 5.7.1.  If i am on the above plan, shouldn't that mean that I have access to up to date lightroom? 

I am very confused.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

v5.7.1 is the stand-alone version, not CC.  (I think I am correct here!!)

The following steps may get you upgraded, if problematic post back for more 'expert' advice from others.

Backup the catalog,

Sign out of Adobe from the Lr Help menu,

Open the Creative Cloud App. If you do not have it you will need to download, install, and sign-in to Adobe from the preferences menu in the Creative Cloud App.

Click on the [Install] buttons in the CC App to install Lr-CC2015.7 (and Photoshop-CC2017 )

After install

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v5.7.1 is the stand-alone version, not CC.  (I think I am correct here!!)

The following steps may get you upgraded, if problematic post back for more 'expert' advice from others.

Backup the catalog,

Sign out of Adobe from the Lr Help menu,

Open the Creative Cloud App. If you do not have it you will need to download, install, and sign-in to Adobe from the preferences menu in the Creative Cloud App.

Click on the [Install] buttons in the CC App to install Lr-CC2015.7 (and Photoshop-CC2017 )

After installing start LR from the CC App by clicking the [OPEN] button.

Lr CC2015.7 will want to upgrade your catalog when you first run it.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: If you have a 32bit operating system, you cannot upgrade to Lightroom 6/Lightroom CC 2015 and so you cannot get the dehaze tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What exact operating system are you using and what bit, 32 or 64?

If you are still using a 32bit OS even if you subscribe to the CC Photographers plan you can't go any higher then LR 5.7.1.

You first need to install a 64bit operating system to use LR CC 2015/6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines