• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webcam not showing up

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So some help with this would be amazing. I just updated to the new CC 2017, and now Character Animator doesn't show my camera in the Camera & Mic tab. The mic is working fine, but no video. I try to select next camera, and it says only one camera is connected. My webcam shows perfectly in other apps, just not the updated version of Character Animator. I've restarted, updated every driver I could think of, still nothing.

It's a LifeCam HD-3000 if that helps.

TOPICS
Camera

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Just a follow-up on this issue... there was a driver for another video device that was still running, and disconnecting that device allowed the webcam to work.

As a tip for other users that might be running into this issue, check in Device Manager under "Imaging devices" to see if there are devices other than the webcam listed. With this newer version of Character Animator, the application preferences started at defaults, including the selected webcam device, so it might've selected the wrong one

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try these steps and let me know if none of them work: FAQ: Why does the Camera & Microphone panel not show my webcam's video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the initial post I stumbled onto, but I tried it all again in case I missed something. It still says "only one camera detected" and the audio is coming in from the webcam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. I'll say the main issue 90% of people seem to have with this is when some other app seems to be using the camera instead, which can create a conflict with CH. This can even be stuff like screen capture software or third party plugins sometimes. Vague I know, but that's usually what's up with a majority of these cases.

If nothing is working, please file a bug report with more detail about your OS & camera and we can try to take a closer look: Character Animator Bug Reports

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posted there as well, still looking around and trying anything I can think of. I don't have any other capture software running either.

Is there anything changed regarding webcams in this new update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem when I updated the new version. The camera didn't work. I checked every thing I could except the keyboard. In  my computer if you press down the keys fn+F12 you may get the camera on/off. Now it's work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's just the hibernate button for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. I'll ask the rest of the team. I don't believe anything was changed with the camera other than that connected camera messaging as text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a follow-up on this issue... there was a driver for another video device that was still running, and disconnecting that device allowed the webcam to work.

As a tip for other users that might be running into this issue, check in Device Manager under "Imaging devices" to see if there are devices other than the webcam listed. With this newer version of Character Animator, the application preferences started at defaults, including the selected webcam device, so it might've selected the wrong one by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We purchased a Lifecam HD-3000 to test for this issue.  This camera seems to be working well with Character Animator on Windows 10, with no additional drivers installed.

It's possible that there is an obsolete driver installed, a driver conflict of some sort, or even that the camera is a bad unit.

I suggest you try unplugging the camera, then removing any camera drivers you may have installed.  That should force your system to install the built-in Windows driver when you plug the camera back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines