Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warning: "Unknown Exception"

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

today I uninstalled my previous AE, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro & Media Encoder versions, because of an error which occured while starting AE ("Unknown Exception" + something about the AEDynamicLink Plug-In).
I installed the newest version (trial) and here we go with the same error, except the "AEDynamicLink error"

So when I start After Effects CC (Trial version 2017), a window shows up saying: "After Effects Warning: Unknown Exception" whike it initialises the MediaCore. Then I click OK and the same window shows again. After clicking on OK again, it say that there is an unexpcted error while starting the application.

8j558bux_png.htm

Media Encoder also crashes, but without any errors. It just freezes while starting. (same problem with the older version before uninstalling).

Character Animator CC crashes after starting with no error.

I've searched the last few hours but haven't found the solution yet.
Hopefully someone can help me,

thanks !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Thanks for your help Roei Tzoref.
It seems like I've found the problem.

I've searched for another problem which appeared when I've started installer (like the Adobe Creative Cloud Installer). It always said: "Windows Smart Screen can't be reached" (example picture). That's no real problem but I wondered how this can happen, because I've activated it everywhere where its possible.

I found this entry via google.

In this thread somebody says:

[..] your TCP/IP or Winsock stack could be borked and will ne

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what firewall or antivirus have you got installed? (AVG is notorious for causing problems with launching Ae) I would check those. try to disable and see if this is the cause and then fix it. reading this would probably be helpful: After Effects or Premiere Pro crashes after starting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help Roei Tzoref.
It seems like I've found the problem.

I've searched for another problem which appeared when I've started installer (like the Adobe Creative Cloud Installer). It always said: "Windows Smart Screen can't be reached" (example picture). That's no real problem but I wondered how this can happen, because I've activated it everywhere where its possible.

I found this entry via google.

In this thread somebody says:

[..] your TCP/IP or Winsock stack could be borked and will need to be rebuilt.

Open a command prompt as Administrator.

1. Type netsh i ip r all and press enter.
  2. Type netsh winsock reset and press enter.

I have no idea why it was broken (or what it is) but I did what he said and now everything works fine!

It fixed the SmartScreen "problem" and also my AE/Character Animator/Media Encoder/Premier Pro error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a Mac solution??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you fine the solution for mac? if yes, can you please help me, i have a finalin three days and i'm behind at work:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need one solution for Mac as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here, on mac...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here on Mac ... -_-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines