• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AH, I knew it. masks done in .fla do not export in Canvas

Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created an animation in AS3.0 .fla using Animate CC. I have a mask inside of a symbol in the animation which of course works fine exported to swf but when I publish to Canvas the mask is not there. I looked into the new .fla file Canvas  produced and I see there is no layer mask and I see the message in the output

WARNINGS:

** 2 Bitmaps packed successfully into 1 spritesheet(s).

Frame numbers in EaselJS start at 0 instead of 1. For example, this affects gotoAndStop and gotoAndPlay calls. (5)

Can Canvas export working masks?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

The thing that is not supported is "Feature not supported: Multiframe symbols in masks."

You can have masking going on inside a movieclip, but the mask itself cannot be a multi frame movieclip.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah now I read that you need to only use masks on the main timeline which I did and it works but the mask and other parts of that animation needs to be inside a movie clip symbol which is where it was. So am I forced to recreate what the movie clip symbol did I have to create the moment on the main timeline?

for instance inside movie clip has a mask - movie clip animates from side to side on main  timeline ORIGINAL

now for Canvas

place elements of movie clip on main  timeline and animate this elements from side to side on main timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layer masks should work. If the layer that was a mask is no longer a mask, try making it be a mask again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats exactly what I did and it did work BUT the mask was originally in a movie clip and that clip was originally moving from side to side on the main timeline.

So like I write , do I have to animate all the layers within the mask on the main timeline or is there another way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing that is not supported is "Feature not supported: Multiframe symbols in masks."

You can have masking going on inside a movieclip, but the mask itself cannot be a multi frame movieclip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you were correct, all I did was just place the MC on the main timeline and tweeted it back and forth

thx for the help!

MD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WARNINGS:

** 2 Bitmaps packed successfully into 1 spritesheet(s).

Frame numbers in EaselJS start at 0 instead of 1. For example, this affects gotoAndStop and gotoAndPlay calls. (5)

• Can Canvas export working masks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines