• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi! New to Premiere Elements, just installed version 14. Started with loading one film clip and clicked on "Guided". When I try to trim the clip, this happens: the screen becomes either green or red, when I click play I can see the image - but frozen! I c

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI! Question as above! /Ottilie

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using? What processor do you have and with how much RAM?

What graphics card do you have?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Windows 10.

IntelCore I5 6400, CPU 2,7 GHz

RAM 8 GB, 64 byte

Graph: NVIDIA GeForce GTX960

Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ150, film clips in HD resolution.

/Ottilie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS. Had no problems with Premiere Elements 13.../Ottilie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your computer is adequately powered for most video.

You haven't told us what format your camera is shooting in. However, according to the specs listed online, it shoots in AVCHD and MP4, both of which are supported.

The wild card seems to be that nVidia graphics card. As you probably know, nVidia has been struggling to fix bugs in a batch of drivers that it's released in the last couple of weeks. Do you know which version of nVidia drivers you're using? Until nVidia fixes things, many people have rolled back to driver 368.2.2.

I also recommend installed Quicktime 7, which is necessary for editing a number of video formats. When you install it, select the Custom option and opt out of installing the Quicktime Player, which has some vulnerabilities. But the other components can be valuable to video editors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I'll check out what you've suggested. /Ottilie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines