• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove cyan from red channel in camera raw

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part of my workflow is to use a selective colour adjustment layer in photoshop to remove cyan from the red channel. However, I'd like to know if there is a way to emulate this kind of adjustment in Camera Raw. That way I could incorporate the adjustment into my camera raw presets and save a heap of time! Thanks for reading, hope you can help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't fully understand what it is you are trying to do. But if you switch to the red channel in the tone curve can you get the adjustment you are looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, in photoshop I create a "selective colour" adjustment layer. In selective colour, you can adjust the cyan, maganta, yellow and black components of Colors. I choose RED, then reduce the cyan component of red. This is very different to simply shifting all the reds toward cyan. My question is, can I emulate this type of adjustment in Camera Raw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In ACR you can go to your red hues and shift them left or right. That will be the closest I think. Also, if you are doing this due to images somehow always looking too cyan straight out of the camera, consider having a look at the camera calibration tab first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Taking away cyan from red" is just another way of saying "increase red saturation". They are complementary colors.

Yes, you can do that in ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines