• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Code to be evaluated! [006] // Create round corner table(s)! …

LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all Scripters!

Depending on what is the target (doc, story, one table or tables contained in a text selection), this code is supposed to round table corners"!

At the moment, it just round my brain pea!!  In other words, nothing happens!!! 

Ideas?!

[note: The text frame that receives the table has a "RoundCornerTable" object style whose an option is "round corners"!]

Thanks as usual for any help! 

app.scriptPreferences.userInteractionLevel = UserInteractionLevels.interactWithAll;     

app.doScript(main, ScriptLanguage.JAVASCRIPT, [], UndoModes.ENTIRE_SCRIPT, "Round Corners Tables! …" );

function main()     

{

(function () { 

function getTables () { 

if (app.selection.length == 0) return app.documents[0].stories.everyItem().tables.everyItem().getElements(); 

else if (app.selection[0].tables.length > 0) return app.selection[0].tables.everyItem().getElements(); 

else if (app.selection[0].parent instanceof Cell) return [app.selection[0].parent.parent]; 

else if (app.selection[0].hasOwnProperty ('parentStory')) return app.selection[0].parentStory.tables.everyItem().getElements(); 

} 

function RoundCornerTables (tables) { 

for (var t = tables.length-1; t >= 0; t--) { 

var scores = app.documents[0].stories.everyItem().characters[tables.storyOffset.index];

frame = scores.insertionPoints[-1].textFrames.add(); 

scores.characters.itemByRange (0, scores.characters.length-2).move (LocationOptions.after, frame.insertionPoints[0]); 

frame.applyObjectStyle (myDoc.objectStyles.item('RoundCornerTable')); 

} 

} 

if (app.documents.length > 0)  RoundCornerTables (getTables()); 

}());

}

(^/)

PS: Even if somebody fixes my issue, the script is not finished!

Last question: Why, when I place a table (no external stroke) in a text frame with round corners, do we see little white "gaps"?

See "red" stroke table!  For the "green" stroke table, I used another way!

Capture d’écran 2016-11-05 à 15.34.03.png

Zoom:

Capture d’écran 2016-11-05 à 15.34.27.png

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

About getTables():

I can see some misses here:

• case 2 and 4 do almost the same ( if text selected)
  • if user select a part of table (cells, column) - no case to return

I suggest to clarify a target for your script.

Assuming the target is an array of tables ==> lets switch

case 'text inside a table OR table OR part of table selected': return 1-element array with THIS table only

case 'text outside table is selected': return an array with every table found in entire parentStory

case 'textFrame is selected': return array of tables located in this textFrame only

otherwise: return every table found in a doc (array)

It shouldn't be a problem to switch by selection properties (alike you do with some modification)

About RoundCornerTables()

Assuming there is an array of table returned as input to 2nd function.

1 question - which version of InDesign is in use? Does it allow method textFrame.add() for insertionPoint object? CS5 doesnt.

2nd question - why do you set a var scores as an array of everyStory.characters[THIS table storyOffset].index ?

I suggest to call simply ThisTable.storyOffset. It is an insertionPoint (object) which can be your current target for further proccessing. (still using backward loop of cource).

So there are 2 more question left:

1. How to create a textFrame

2. How to fit this frame to current table size

both depends on version of InDesign in use so I break here...

Jarek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines