Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mindgrammar pro cc add-on

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I have recently upgraded to CC2107 and my mindgrammar pro cc add-on does not seem to be installed now.

I have tried removing it through the Add-on site which apparently it the correct method, but it just keeps giving me a general error that it cannot be removed.

When I try to re-install it, it just does nothing.

Although I know the extension manager should not be used, I gave it a shot and it told me I have the wrong version of Indesign.

The problem is that the books I am creating used the Mindgrammar pro cc plug-in and it will let me open the documents after warning me that the mindgrammar add-on is not available.

The real problem is no matter what I do with the book, it will not let me update the number or the cross-referencing.

I have tried to get an answer from adobe, but as usual it seems we have to sort this out ourselves, once again.

I am really pushed to get these books finished but I cannot under the current circumstances.

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best advice would be to roll back to your previous version of ID.

for directions see Download previous versions of Adobe Creative applications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your quick reply - I have roll InDesign back to the previous version and manage to install the MindGrammar pro cc add-on using the extension manager. The install via the Add-on website did not work.

I have now checked all my book files and they are work fine now, although I lost all my prefence, which is a pain, but at least I can get my books finished.

My I suggest that Adobe let people know if an add-on will stop working with the latest updates. This way, it would stop people like me thinking everything will be fine.

Best regards

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should contact the provider of the plugin. Any plugin is only developed for one version or at least up to the version which was available when it was developed. If they take care on their customers you might get an update within some days after the release of a new ID version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willi,

Thank you for your quick reply and I will be contacting the 3rd-party provider of the add-on to see if they are working on an update for InDesign 2017.

Learn a very good lesson.

Best regards

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really need to expect that third-party plugins will need to be updated (just as Adobe's own components are updated) when you install a new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Keith,

We have just released the Mac versions of MindGrammar Pro CC 2017 on our website. So as soon as we finish the Windows version we will update the Adobe Add-On installer to include CC 2017 support. We're also planning on offering an annual subscription at that time as well.

Hope to be finished before the end of the month.

Best regards,

Heath Horton

Mindsteam Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Heath,

I have noticed on your website this week that you have release the MindGrammar Pro for CC 2017.

When will the plug-in be available for Windows on the Adobe site - all the MindGrammar plug-ins still state on CC 2015 compatibility.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Keith,

It looks like the Adobe Exchange team just approved the MindGrammar Pro 2.2 update with CC 2014 - CC 2017 support today. (Approval times are running near 3 weeks it seems.)

However there appears to be a bug on the Add-ons site where products which support CC 2017 don't display the 'Version' field of the product page properly. Let's hope they fix this soon!

https://creative.adobe.com/addons/products/2529

Best regards,

Heath Horton

Mindsteam Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Heath,

Since I purchased the MindSuite Pro for CC2017, I have uninstalled the Adobe plug-in version of MindGrammer Pro.

The MindSuite Pro for CC2017 has been installed and is running well on my system.

Thank you for the information.

With best regards

Keith McKenzie

Information Manager

Siemens plc

Digital Factory

Motion Control Systems

Varey Road

Congleton CW12 1PH, United Kingdom

Tel: +44 1260 293248

Fax: +44 1260 262143

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines