• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webcam not showing up with CC 2017

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a project in Character Animator for a few weeks now with no problems, but this latest update doesn't register my webcam anymore. I've updated every driver I possibly can. The microphone is registered in the app, but no video. If I try to switch to next camera, it says only one camera is connected, which is true. If I open skype, the camera works fine. No other app is running in the background when I open Character Animator that would be using the video feed, either.

I also updated my GPU driver in the same time frame, so it's possible something happened there as well.

I have a LifeCam HD-3000

Specs:

Windows 10 Pro - 64-bit

i5-3550 CPU

16 GB RAM

NVIDIA 1070 GPU

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm browsing through the forum's news and I've found two more cases of what you encountered:

here

Webcam not showing up

and here

no camera with cc beta

Good luck! Please do post the solution once you find it! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well one of those was also me in the normal forum, but I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, ok! I CAN get a little confusing there are many fora… 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm asking the rest of the team to see if there are any known issues here. Thanks for the detailed report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any other applications (e.g., Skype) that might also be using the webcam at the same time that Character Animator is being launched? Can you try the following:

1. Quit Character Animator and other applications or other video capture software that might use a webcam. (I see you tried that already, but listing here just for others.)

2. Open Task Manager and see if there are any Character Animator.exe processes still running. If so, end those processes.

3. For USB-based webcams, unplug it, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in.

4. Restart Character Animator.

I'm assuming restarting the machine doesn't help either?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not working for me in Photoshop CC2017 either. Mac. I see a scanner but not the webcam. I restarted the computer. I restarted Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It does not show up in Apple's Image Capture either - which is what it looks like you are using. It DOES show up in QuickTime X however...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines