• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 and Microsoft Surface Pro Problem

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently downloaded Photoshop CS6 onto my Surface Pro. Everytime I try to load the program, it crashes immediately. Is Photoshop not capable to run on my Surface Pro or is there anything I can download/install to make it work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sara Mariee.  I suspect the answer is no. CS6 will not run on your tablet, but Photoshop Touch might be OK depending on OS compatability

http://www.adobe.com/nz/products/photoshop-touch.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will try that out. I know the rest of the CS6 suite worked so I thought maybe I was missing a file I needed to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 should run with no issues on the Surface Pro (which runs the full Windows 8). Plenty of people run it OK judging by various online reviews.

Any error messages when Photoshop crashes?

Try running the Adobe Cleaner Tool then reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not give me an error message besides windows itself saying the program did not respond. I will try your tips and see if I can get it working. It may of just downloaded wrong. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2013 Dec 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too experience Photoshop crashes on a Surface Pro 2.

It crashes every time I right click on an image and try to open with PS 32 or 64 bit. PS 64 crashes no matter how I try to open an images. If I start PS 32 and use the file menu to open an image, it does not crash.

I get the same error every time a crash occurs.

Error:

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered."

When this happens, the Task Manager has to be used to kill the PS process.

I read on another forum that someone thinks it's an issue with the Intel graphics driver.

Anyone on here know how to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 works with the Surface. With the original video driver it crashes upon waking up from sleep. You need to download the latest driver from intel. Since I have done this I have no problems crashing.

Also, be sure to download the latest Wacom driver otherwise the pen will not be pressure sensitive and the eraser will not work. Yes the surface screen is based on Wacom tech.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love Adobe CS6 on my Surface Pro 2 but I have a few issues. I've fixed the crashing n the lack of pressure sensitivity by downloading latest drivers. But here are my issues:

1. CS6 does not respect Windows DPI scaling so the menus are too small.

2. When I am sketching the screen moves way too much. Even with disabling the scroll bars it jumps around every now and then. I tried locking the layer movement but this did not help.

3. As I am sketching, the line sometimes become bold or rather disobey pressure sensitivity.  This is really annoying.

4. As the pen touches the lower border of the surface it causes a vertical line to be drawn through the sketch. Or for the eraser it erases a vertical line through the sketch.

I find that these annoyances are very distracting while I am sketching. For now I reluctantly need to switch to Sketchbook Pro for use on the Surface Pro 2. I really want to stick with CS6 especially after spending so much on it. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2014 Jul 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, I installed photoshop cs6 on my surface pro 2 and it kept crashing on me.
It would work for a few secconds and then it would hang.

I also got a pop-up saying the displaydriver stopped working but was restarted.

After some research I noticed the program sniffer_gpu.exe (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)).

I disabled this program by renaming it to sniffer_gpu x.exe and now photoshop runs perfect every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a similar problem, I am running photoshop CS6 on a surface pro 4. When i'm using it for my projects my surface pro crashes and requires a restart since I can't press anything on screen.

This happens more often when the tablet is charging, I've had my surface pro 4 for less than 6 months and this problem has been becoming more frequent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines