• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text losing spacing when document packaged

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason when I package my document, the text loses its spacing - please see below:

Text in inDesign:

Text when packaged into PDF:

As you can see in the latter, the gaps on the first 2 sentences have disappeared. Does anyone know why this may have occured? The biggest problem I have is that in Indesign it looks perfectly normal, when zoomed at any level, so have no idea what to do!

Thanks in advance!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What font are you using in Indesign. Maybe is a Typekit font that cannot be packaged? They look like two different fonts to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gill Sans MT Pro - do you know if this is fine to package?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Gill Sans MT Pro is a free font:

http://www.myfontfree.com/search.php?key=gill+sans+mt+pro

Do you have a CC subscription? Can you download and replace this font with a similar one from Typekit?

Typekit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I know which of the existing fonts are fine to package? Ie. If I change the whole document to Gill Sans MT would that solve my problem? Ie. how do I know if this font is fine to use? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I steer clear of free fonts for professionally printed jobs, and stick with Open Type fonts. If you want to try Gill Sans MT to see how it packages, try it on just a couple of paragraphs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The font did not 'lose its spacing', it's an entirely different font! Check your PDF; what you will see in there is Myriad Pro.

This happens if you used a font which may not legally be embedded. You can check this in the Find Font dialog, and if so, you'll have to use another font.

Usually InDesign gives off a stern warning when you attempt to create a PDF with it, but maybe it's one of those dialogs where you can click a button to "never show again".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines