• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC import window does not show any photos in SD card.

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear experts,

I am using PS LR CC with Mac OS 10.11.6.

Last import ~1 month ago no problem. Today I insert a SD card, photo app of Mac can read the photos in the import manual, Finder can see all the photos too. However when I click import in LR CC, there are no photos shown in the import window. It does show the SD device on the left hand side, but even if click into it no photos are seen.

I then copy all the photos from SD to my HD through Finder, then try the import again. Once again no photos are seen in the import window when I point to the folder that I created in Finder where all the photos are stored.

Could anyone shed some light?

Thanks so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are using Lightroom CC 2015.7 and not some earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the destination location you have selected in the Destination section of the right hand panel. It is more than likely set to a folder your username doesn't have "Write" permissions to. Change it to a folder that does or change the permissions on the folder it is set to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using CC 2015.7.

I am logged Screencap.jpgin as admin, and I tried create a folder on desktop and tried again. Still no photos show up in the import window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expand the Destination Panel on the right, make sure you have selected a valid Destination folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to point to other folders that contain photos, and choose Add (to catalogue) and uncheck "Don't import suspected duplicates" and also no photos show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to do is restart your Mac then test.

When you say it can't read from the SD card do you have the SD card in a card reader or is the camera connected to the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would comment on two things I see in your screen-clip-

You have the source correct but you are not expanding the sub-folders by clicking on the EOS listing further down the list-

ScreenShot299.jpg

Secondly- you do not have the Destination Panel open/expanded. How do you know what folder you will 'copy' the images into?

ScreenShot300.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for every input. Last night I have tried restarting the Mac, remove and reinsert SD, point to other existing photo folder recatalogue....and nothing changed.

This morning I tried again and the problem disappears. Nothing I have done.

For the destination path, I click the Right upper hand corner and choose the path.

Screencap.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I click the Right upper hand corner and choose the path.

I highly recommend you expand the Destination panel in the Lower-right.

This will give previews and small indicators on folders telling you exactly where files are being stored.

The + indicates new folders being created. The number indicates the number of files copied to that folder. The Tick is a flag you can remove to selectively stop images being imported to that folder.

ScreenShot301.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines