• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Returned books are actually not returned

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.2.151207. When I return borrowed books, they disappear from Digital Editions but when I log to my library, they are not returned and I have to wait for their default expiration before I can borrow another item again. Usually not a big deal, but I sometimes want to return a book ahead of time for various reasons (it could be boring, not what I expected, etc.). In that case, I feel taken as a hostage by Digital Editions because I have to wait twenty some days before I can borrow again.

I tried uninstalling Digital Editions, and reinstalling it. Same problem.

I tried erasing my authorization, and authorize again. Same problem.

I tried erasing my authorization, create a new Adobe ID, and authorize with new ID, same problem.

I contacted my library and they said I am not the only one experiencing this type of problem, but they don't know what to do as it is apparently in "Adobe's hands."

A frustrated user.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not sure that a adobe Problem. If i return the burrow ebooks all work fine. Do are used a admin user for the return?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I am an admin user on my computer. This fact has not changed since I upgraded to latest Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system do are used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does it really matter? Anyway, I am using Windows 8.1 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines