• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Displacement effect not affecting all layers below the same way [locked - duplicate thread]

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to apply the Jittery Effect I found here to the light beams on the train tracks (Jittery Type After Effects Tutorial - YouTube ) where it uses the displacement and fractal noise effects. I tried applying them to the beams I generated for each of the 4 lines for the train tracks. It only seems to apply it to the first 2 beams (beams 1 & 2) on the left side and it seems when I change the position of the beams to make them look like they do on the right train tracks it doesnt work for those anymore. They look like they jitter slightly on the starting and ending points of the beams on the right (beams 3 & 4) but not correctly. I can't figure out what would be the issue, I have included screenshots to try and explain my project and point out my settings. I have also included a short video export of the effect in motion. I would really appreciate the help!

Video Clip Example: 21cls.com/downloads/neon-train-tracks-02.mp4

screenshot 01 below:

displacement-fractal-noise-effect-01.png

screenshot 02 below:

displacement-fractal-noise-effect-02.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you could share the project file (without the train track asset, if necessary) for us to take a look at it? It sounds like your layers aren't matching the comp size, but that might not be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are at least two  identical threads on this subject, maybe three.

I posted a detailed explanation showing some potential errors and his workflow and a solution for displacement maps giving unexpected results on diagonal lines in this thread. Displacement effect not affecting all layers below the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines