Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 13 'Has stopped working' when starting up

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am furious.

I go to open PE13 and I get standard 'Has stopped working' message when the program is starting up. Cant even open program by clicking a file made within it.

Been on remote access with a Adobe employee all morning to which he just gave up after we re-installed the program and he left me in administration mode (I was very confused as to how to get back to my personal account, which still has admin privileges) and didnt hang about for me to ask more questions. He just told me to go here and ask instead and left.

Windows 10. No hardware changes or moved access files. Just wont load at all now.

I've lost a mornings worth of work due to being unable to use the program and I'm angry and upset at the service I have received. It was all going so well and I would have been happier if it was not for the abrupt ending of our session.

Windows 10, if that matters.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

OK, so its relating to Nvidia drivers, thanks.  Unfortunately If I downgrade my Nvidia drivers it means I won't be able to run other software - is there a solution or workaround?

I now have a backlog of video editing to do, unfortunately

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, having used PE13 many times on my current PC and I have made no hardware changes but now on start-up I get  this :

crash.gif

Possibly the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Exactly the same!

Have installed PE15 to see if it works, and that's working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping to get PE13 working as I don't really want to have to pay for an upgrade to restore functionality, did you give up on PE13?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant afford to upgrade Although a few people have mentioned to me funny how this stops working when there is a new product to push....

I'm all out of ideas to get PE13 working though tried everything I can think of

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got an nVidia graphics card?

As I'm sure you'v seen on the internet as well as on this forum, the latest rounds of nVidia drivers are 'breaking' a number of programs, including Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do....had not seen there was an issue. Have you got any links? Are nVidia aware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, so its relating to Nvidia drivers, thanks.  Unfortunately If I downgrade my Nvidia drivers it means I won't be able to run other software - is there a solution or workaround?

I now have a backlog of video editing to do, unfortunately

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines