• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

latest version of Adobe Flash installed 2 other apps

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I woke up my computer there was a message to download the latest version of Adobe Flash. I did and the installer downloaded two other apps: Advanced Mac Cleaner and Megabackup. Should I be concerned?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

the flash player comes with unwanted-ware (though i don't remember ever seeing those two) unless you deselect those options:

Screenshot - 11_7_2016 , 1_48_36 PM.png

in any case, uninstall those programs if you have no use for them and never allow flash player to auto-update so you can untick the unwanted programs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the flash player comes with unwanted-ware (though i don't remember ever seeing those two) unless you deselect those options:

Screenshot - 11_7_2016 , 1_48_36 PM.png

in any case, uninstall those programs if you have no use for them and never allow flash player to auto-update so you can untick the unwanted programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you 100% sure you were seeing an Adobe update message?

I have had personal experience with visiting a web page that put up a message that was not really from Adobe, it was from a sponsor of that page who was using a "real looking" message to piggy-back their own software on an update to some other software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines