• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver 2017 - what happened to Find & Replace window?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

First, I apologize if I I've overlooked something, however I can't get the new Find & Replace window working as in DW 2015.

This is the new Find and Replace window:

findreplace1.JPG

FIRST QUESTION:

Where is the "Find All" button? There are many circumstances for which I really need to get a list of the occurrences found, even when searching within the current document only (for proper work-flow, it's not enough to just browse back and forth using the two arrows). As displayed below, the search result window remains totally empty, even if there are 11 occurrences found:

findreplace2.JPG

SECOND QUESTION:

I haven't found any way to undock the Find & Replace window, but it can be displayed only on top of the current document, taking lot of space. I really need to undock the Find and Replace window, and to drag it on a secondary monitor, to maximize editing space. This was perfectly possible in DW 2015, as displayed below:

findreplace3.JPG

Please help!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Hi everyone,

UPDATE: Feature changes to Find and replace will be available later in 2017. The latest version has some critical bug fixes.

See Dreamweaver 2017.0.1 is now live  for more info.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 152 Replies 152
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup.  It's messed up.  No more Specific Tag searches either.

Find-Replace.jpg

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a serious problem for me who performs a lot of stripping out of code. It is a serious problem in my case. I won't use complicated regex formula every time I to find and replace tags, sorry.

If they removed this feature, I need to know how to return to the 2015 version. I will have to wait till they fix it or directly go on using the 2015 version forever. Stupid decision by the devs if they removed this very important feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a area in your Creative Cloud app on the desktop. I keep mine pinned in the menu bar on top (Mac). There is a drop down menu in the apps section which show previous versions that you have on your computer. If you do not have it set to automatically remove older versions they should be there.Creative Cloud.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, I found that and now I am enjoying the previous version again.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this, you just saved me hours of work.   

Adobe - please put this BACK

Clients want to see versions of html pages for a wide range of silly reasons. In my case clients want to remove or add changes across many messages often at the last minute during crunch time (It's 6pm on Friday)...being able to find and replace code / text efficiently across multiple files is extremely important for workflow. It saves LOTS of time and allows designers / developers to go home at the end of the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to DW Help >

Submit Bug/Feature Request.

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there John,

I can't see DW 2015 in my list but also never turned off 'old' versions'. Do you know how I can view 2015 again so I can reinstall? I don't like 2017 at the moment.

Thanks

Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. Did you try signing out of the desktop app and signing back in? All I can think of. Look at preferences and maybe you can change it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John, Jon F sorted it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get old versions...

1. Open the CC Desktop App
2. Click the Apps Tab
3. Scroll Down to FIND ADDITIONAL APPS

4. Click the blue link on the right side of FIND ADDITIONAL APPS
5. Choose the View Previous Versions option on the bottom of the pop up menu

6. Click the DW Install icon (which should have a down facing arrow in it) and choose the version you want from the menu that appears

You can have all 5 versions of DW installed on the same machines at the same time, they just won't run at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seriously disappointed they removed this VERY IMPORTANT FEATURE. This is a HUGE mistake by the !@#$%@! developers. What were they thinking???!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You and me both .... There's actually no accountability at Adobe, it's actually a shambles and it looks like Dreamweaver has become someone's pet project, with fads like dropping a perfectly good coding engine that just needed some tweaks for a crap/limited integration of Brackets which messes our workflow up, they seem to do things on a whim at the bequest of a small number of people and remove features we've been happily using for years replacing them with a buggy substandard alternatives.

Its a total waste of resources and development time, there's been no smart choices, direction or leadership down there in the Dreamweaver Dev team for years from what I can see. And BTW I can tell you Dreamweaver is very low down on Adobe's priorities.

Honestly I'm 100% confident I could go down there and whip that Dreamweaver dev team into shape pretty quickly,  for years now its been one mess after another.

Live View (rubbish, buggy disaster from day one) - In any case it's pretty easy to use Chrome or Firefox with an add-on on a second display and get a good live view that updates as you work. Live view  meant that Design View which is a very useful working tool, is stable  and useful was ignored for years - an example of a waste of dev time.

Introduce Emmet when there was an Emmet extension that worked well anyway.

Ignore GIT support despite people crying put for it for years & leave a crippled version of SVN in that has now been removed.

Lots of minor tweaks/additions wanted by lots of people to Bootstrap integration, not a major undertaking but time better spent than introducing another major botched feature!

Adobe latest masterclass is to ditch the long-time coding engine in favour of a botched and feature limited version of Brackets for what because a few Brackets users fancy seeing it in Dreamweaver. If you scan through the forums I'm sure you'll pick up that people just wanted a few new features here and there adding to improve workflow in code view, instead this shambles, this lame Bracket integration have been introduced. It doesn't even have language specific colour coding for god's sake how pathetic is that!!

Oh yes and removing the wrapping options for snippets from the UI shows a distinct lack of common sense I'm afraid!!

Honestly it actually smacks of dev team's pet project rather than moulding the software to the demands of users!!

Why are you so intent on ripping Dreamweaver apart Adobe?

Why don't you concentrate on small key areas and all the little tweaks and additions that people want instead of screwing with the main features and removing them, running them into the ground with no updates or messing them up?

Who is in charge of the dev team, where are they hiding?

The guys on the forum get thrown under the bus metaphorically speaking to face the music while the people responsible for one cock up after another have no accountability.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agreed!

That stupid Live view, so buggy. I never used it. So true!

I missed the DW of the times if Macromedia. When Macromedia was purchased

by Adobe, I thought: 'What a disaster!' And I wasn't wrong.

DW is the only program keeping me in the Creative Cloud. Adobe never gave

DW the place it deserves as the most important IDE on this planet.

And now this problem with the tag find and replace feature gone. I just

cannot update to the new version for that unfortunate removal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little background history.  Last year at the 2015 Max conference, Adobe announced big modernization changes for Dreamweaver. 

Next Generation of Dreamweaver | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Whenever you create something entirely new, there are many hurdles to overcome.  And this was no different.   I'd say the new Dreamweaver is still a work in progress.   So stay tuned.

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dros, bluster & BS .... I'm afraid its the usual crap from Adobe & where are 'all' of the feafures of brackets? It's a limited version of Brackets & what are the massive benefits over the old code view engine? I''m not seeing them, in fact some areas ate a step backwards? .... Usual waste of dev time that could have much better served fine tuning & adding a few missing features.  Trying to reinvent the wheel & tell us an all new much much better wheel ... No it isn't !!! Adobe suck so bad, the Dreamweaver dev team & whoever is in charge of the roadmap should  be fired !!!

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not helpful. Need tag find-and-replace. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely terrible. Using DW 2015 then.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a disaster as you pointed out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found similar problems and then found this post.

Additionally, testing, "ignore white spaces" filter does not seem to work, it is easy to test..

Looks like 2017 only finds exact string matches even with the filter on.

Looking in the search results window, I see that each result includes multiple lines of text, making it very difficult to see which line has matched.

What is the bug reporting process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus, in the default (black) theme, you cannot see which filters are on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Please check below link, where you can report all issues you encounter

Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

This link can be used for logging feature requests.

You can get same link with in DW from menu Help > Submit bug/Feature Request.

Thanks,

Lalita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lalita,

I am trying to use DW2017, but I have to say there are lots of things that either do not seem to work or config is not obvious. I am a developer, I do not have time to drop the day job to fathom this out.

E.g. change order of file list.

E.g. mouse cursor on code editor, is black on near black, how to change colour of cursor

: (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Horribly time consuming to trace every bug. This is an unfinished product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines