• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Calibration Panel missing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Camera Calibration Panel in the Develop Module is missing. My Lightroom CC is up to date. I have been using Lightroom for about ten years and have never seen this panel. I wouldn't know it's supposed to be there if I hadn't just read an article about it. I'm a Mac user. Does anyone know why this panel is missing and what I can do to get it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

With Lightroom open and in the develop module go to Window >panels and click on camera calibration. Or, right-click on one of the panel headings in the right-hand column and make sure there's a checkmark for camera calibration.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Lightroom open and in the develop module go to Window >panels and click on camera calibration. Or, right-click on one of the panel headings in the right-hand column and make sure there's a checkmark for camera calibration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How easy was that? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's incredible easy. So easy in fact that's exactly what I did but OMG there is no Camera Calibration under Window -> Panels.  I have Histogram, Basic, Tone Curve, HSL/Color, Color Grading, Detail, Lens Correction, Transform, Effects and Calibration. I see a profile browser but not cameras. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Profile was formerly selected in the Camera Calibration tab but more recently is selected at the top of Basic panel.

Camera specific "matching" profiles tend to be for Raw, and you will not see the same options in the case of a JPG or TIFF image (for example). There are various kinds of profile now, including ones that are not strictly Calibration profiles but rather, more like effects - such as LUT based profiles. Also depending on what camera took a given Raw there will be a different list of available camera-specific profiles to choose from. Not every supported camera offers camera-matching equivalents for every colour mode choice selectable in the camera. There may be none such offered, or not in the initial support of a given new camera model. And certainly there will be none such when LrC has imported a DNG converted Raw from an unsupported camera, which it is interpreting via generic DNG support only. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same probems.  Only have a "Calibration" tab, not a "Camera Calibration" Tab.  Yes, I selected a raw file, .CR2 taken with a Canon 80D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FerdiH, which problems are you referring to?  The camera-calibration panel is called Calibration in LR 11:

johnrellis_0-1640625833826.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite sure what you are referring to when you mention cameras. There isn't one. Lightroom recognizes the camera you are using and provides any profiles available for that specific camera. There isn't a provision to choose different cameras. The calibration panel is provided in case you want to customize how Lightroom interprets the red, green and blue from  the sensor from the camera you are using. What are you referring to when you are looking for cameras?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll quote from your reply, "With Lightroom open and in the develop module go to Window >panels and click on camera calibration." Pretty clear, don't you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that didn't work for me please help I posted screenshots below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also can't find it. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 1.39.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-19 at 1.39.11 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that didn't work for me I posted my screenshots below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Matty DC22723558fhrx, your screenshots show you are in "Lightroom" (the cloud version), not in "Lightroom Classic".  Lightroom Classic has the Calibration panel, but Lightroom does not.  (Thank Adobe for the perspicuous product naming.)

Please add your constructive opinion to this feature request:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-ideas/p-add-camera-calibration-panel/...

and be sure to click the Upvote button at the top-right and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will consider implementing the feature and you'll be notified when they do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines