• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In LR, the visual record of blemish removal on the image using the healing tool is no longer visible on the image?

Participant ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I have activated the spot healing tool in LR4, I have always seen "circles" where the healing tool was applied a number of times previously to that image.  If I ever want to delete a particular, prior application of the healing tool (i.e., before the last application of the tool), I locate it visually, activate it by clicking, and then delete it.  By looking at the facial image I am working on, I can see at a glance all blemish removal corrections that I've made and delete any one of them in this manner, if I choose.

As I was working on an image, I inadvertently hit a key on the keyboard, and now only the most recent employment of the healing tool is visible.  No longer do I have a visual representation of past spot removals made; only the most recent.

If I move to the next image and then return to the previous image, there is no visual representation of any prior spot removals on that previous image at all, - not even the last/most recent correction.

Question:  How do I reactivate the LR feature that illustrates a visual history of the spot healing tool on the image?   How do I (how did I) deactivate the feature, if I ever want to see an uncluttered image, free of a visual history of "correction marks"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

hit "H"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hit "H"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hitting "H" does not seem to reactivate the feature.

In one of the drop down menus in the upper left of the LR window (i.e., under File, Edit, Develop, Settings, etc.), what command should I be looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we talking "tool overlay" here?

Toggling "tool overlay" does involve the "H" key to deactivate it;  "Cntrl + Shift+ H" to activate it.

I'll give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bingo!

That did the trick!

Thanks for leading me to the solution!

Best regards.

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines