• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brought Lightroom 6 and only have version 10.7.5

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased Lightroom 6 and it's telling me upgrade to at least 10.8 my mac is currently 10.7.5. I have previously did a monthly plan for Photoshop and the support team helped out so I didn't have to upgrade. I don't know how to finish off the installing process of Lightroom 6. Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

You need at least 10.10 for the latest version (6.7). 6.0 and 6.1 will run on 10.8 and anything in between needs 10.9. I don't think you can get around that. Is there a reason why you haven't upgraded your OS? If your hardware won't run anything newer than 10.7, it is very unlikely that you can run the latest versions of Lightroom as you need a fully 64 bits multicore system.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what the support team did before. But according to the published system requirements for Lightroom 6 you need at least 10.10.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either do I jim but anyway. Thank you for your help. Where is best to get the upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a free download using the Mac App Store application that should be on your Mac. You might have to go through a few consecutive upgrades to get all the way updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. when I do upgrade will I lose my documents and photos etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't. Whenever you upgrade any computer to a new OS you should always have full backups though just to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thank you very much for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need at least 10.10 for the latest version (6.7). 6.0 and 6.1 will run on 10.8 and anything in between needs 10.9. I don't think you can get around that. Is there a reason why you haven't upgraded your OS? If your hardware won't run anything newer than 10.7, it is very unlikely that you can run the latest versions of Lightroom as you need a fully 64 bits multicore system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ok, thanks. Where is best to get the next version I need? I just never needed to upgrade until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is best to get the next version I need?

From the Apple website:

macOS - How to Upgrade - Apple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines