• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign takes over 30 minutes to start up

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on an 27" iMac, (2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, 24GB 1600 MHz DDR3) just upgraded to macOS Sierra, although I have had this issue for 3-4 operating systems before this. I use Creative Cloud and always keep Indesign up to date.

I took my computer to a technician in January (for another issue) and asked about the length of time it takes to open Indesign, and was told it was a software issue and they couldn't do anything.

It only takes this long if I've shut down or restarted my computer, not if I've just quit the programme.

I have posted on this forum before and it was suggested that I uninstall and reinstall Indesign - I did this but it didn't help

I was also told to restore the preferences which I did and it didn't help.

It was also suggested that I create a new user on my computer and try launching InDesign. I did this and Indesign only took 4 minutes to open.

So I'm not sure what to do now. What does this mean and what do I do to fix the problem using my own user?

This has been an issue for me for more than a year and it's very frustrating, I'd really appreciate some help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you uninstall InDesign via the Creative Cloud app, and did you run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling InDesign?

Do you have any extra InDesign plug-ins or a font manager utility installed ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did uninstall via Creative Cloud and I followed instructions to do a clean uninstall, although didn't use Adobe Cleaner. What is that, and where is it?

I don't use any extra plug ins or a font manager utility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have used the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool now and it hasn't made any difference. I thought updating to 2017 might help, but the last time I shut down and reopened it took 26 minutes to open Indesign.

So still frustrating for me and such a waste of time.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines