• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to set out point for work area on Mac

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to set an effective work area in Premiere Elements 14 on a Mac. I can set an in point using Option+[ however I cannot set an out point for the work area using Option+]. Hence the entire remainder of the media file becomes the work area.

According to the list of shortcuts available in Adobe Help there is no shortcut for an out point on a Mac ( Keyboard shortcuts in Adobe Premiere Elements  )

I have tried customising the shortcuts, but that did not work either.

If I use in and out points from the Preview, when I go to save, and use the 'Export work area only' checkbox, it wants to export the entire file, not just the displayed clip.

Any suggestions? This seems like something fairly simple and should just work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like you're correct! Although this shortcut does work on a PC (Alt+]), it does not work on a Mac (although setting the Work Area Bar start does). The end point must be set manually.

I'd recommend you contact Adobe and advise them of this bug.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines