• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements 14.1 motion tracking error

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to user the motion tracking tool I started getting the error "The mediafile seems to have an invalid entry in the catalog. Please rename it." This error started coming up after the update from 14.0 to 14.1 and it comes regardless what video file I use. In the attached screenshot I even used a video files which I rendered just upfront with Premier Elements for testing. Also renaming the file or just the clip doesn't work neighter, nor does it work if I start it in an all new project.

I run it on a Windows 10 64 bit machine and it used to work fine prevsiously. Hope anyone has any idea what is happening there. Ah just to mention all other tools like "Freeze the frame" or "Smart Trim" aso working fine.

error.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Ich vermute, dass dieses Problem durch den Organizer verursacht wird.

Fehlerbehebung bei Katalogproblemen | Organizer | Elements 6 und höher

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model of camcorder is this video coming from?

Do you have Quicktime 7 installed, per the program's system requirements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Model of the camcorder is: Sony FDR-X1000V (XAVC S)

But shouldn't matter in this case, coz the test clip I have in the screenehot is coming from Premier Elements 14.1 where I rendered it upfront to make sure it's not an issue with the file from the camcorder.

Appart from that it happens now to any files, also from my mobile, other camcorder aso. And it used to work fine for files from the Sony one befor updating from 14.0 to 14.1

Quicktime 7 was not installed, when I tried it out, since I didn't know it's a requierement. Now I installed the latest Quicktime 7.7.9, but unfortunatly still the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on what information you've given me, I don't know why this feature will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich vermute, dass dieses Problem durch den Organizer verursacht wird.

Fehlerbehebung bei Katalogproblemen | Organizer | Elements 6 und höher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Da war der Fehler. Danke. 🙂 Es haben zwar weder die Reparatur noch die Optimierung des Katalogs geholfen, aber einen neuen Katalog erstellen und den alten löschen hat funktioniert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines