• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAM preview loop not stopping play

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far AE CC2017 seems to work great... except when I run a RAM preview of a little work area, it doesn't stop. I hit the space bar, press anywhere on the interface, and it keeps going, then after a few minutes it stops on it's own. I'm running

MAC OS 10.12.1 (Sierra)

with 26 out of 32 GB RAM reserved for AE.

This is AE 14.0.0.207

when I go to force quit, it does show AE as "not responding" as it's stuck playing the preview.

Anyone else have this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Everybody who is having this issue, please install the latest update that came out last night: After Effects CC (November 2017) Bug-Fix Update Is Now Available

This update is 14.0.1 and should be a bug fix for this and several other disturbing issues - especially for Mac users. It does not fix all the bugs that are new with the CC 2017 release (Known issues in After Effects CC 2017), but it does fix some issues that have been plaguing After Effects since the first parts of the new architecture sh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it seems the spacebar to stop is laggy / doesn't prioritize the length. The 2015 release had the same bug initially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is a bug - obviously.

The way to fix this is only by closing the program, sometimes you may get lucky by spam clicking but that may not help you.

Access the Activity Monitor and force close the program, then reopen it and try again.

Good luck!

- Daniel

[Edit]

My mistake, select Force Quit from the Apple menu, select the app and force quit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I have been doing, previewing, then force quitting than restarting.... over and over. I've stopped previewing now to try to get through it And then use a render to judge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the spacebar not stopping the render correctly, I noticed that it wasn't previewing at full frame rate either. After realizing it was behaving similar to the 2015 bug, I tried the 2015 workaround and it worked! 

To fix this, you need to preview with the timeline minimized.

For me, when working on one monitor its easiest to just maximize the comp viewer (hover mouse over it and press tilda key '~') now the preview will start and stop as expected. Or when on a dual monitor, maximizing the "info" pane in order to monitor the frame rate, while the comp viewer is playing on the second screen.

That'll have to do until they fix it (hopefully soon). Still better than force quitting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(it doesn't really matter which pane you maximize, as long as the timeline is minimized.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ufoclub,

I also had this problem after 4 à 14 sec  but after several attempts to reproduce the problem and screencast to show it, it disappeared and prévusialisation RAM now operating normally!...very mysterious!

Adobe Creative Cloud  (on i7-4750HQ CPU @ 2.00GHz,NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 2 GoRAM and Win10 Fam v1607)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several threads about this (and similar issues). The Adobe AE team is aware of it. It doesn't happen on most systems, but it does happen on an infuriatingly large number of systems. I am hopeful to see a bug fix relatively soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everybody who is having this issue, please install the latest update that came out last night: After Effects CC (November 2017) Bug-Fix Update Is Now Available

This update is 14.0.1 and should be a bug fix for this and several other disturbing issues - especially for Mac users. It does not fix all the bugs that are new with the CC 2017 release (Known issues in After Effects CC 2017), but it does fix some issues that have been plaguing After Effects since the first parts of the new architecture showed up in the CC 2015 release.

If you can't see the update yet, you may need to wait a while until you see it as it can take up to 24 hours to populate an update across all the data centers. You may need to log out, relaunch the Creative Cloud app, and log in again.

HUZZAH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's alive! It's back. It's stuck playing the preview.

Um.. could be the exhausted memory on 4K editing. But at least symptoms match. After hitting the stop multiple times, it takes some minutes to cancel the (slowish) playback. It has to be the exhaustive 4K content on 2014 MacBook Pro laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem is still existing on the latest version. Occurs only when I cache frames on a disk (no problem when I disable it and only use RAM).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines