Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enfocus Connect YOU plugin does not work in InDesign CC 2017

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi you all,

It appears to be that Enfocus Connect YOU plugin does not work in InDesign CC 2017 !

Sadly enough, Adobe replaces the 2017-version for 2015, so the previous version is gone...

Why did either Enfocus or Adobe inform us about this (hopefully temporary) problem? Communication is all!

According to my reseller they say that Enfocus is working on an update, but there is no release date yet.

So for now till ... ..? you will have to make certified pdf`s in the old school way 😕

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The upgrade to CC 2017 requires a new file format. There are changes in the InDesign SDK that require time for a developer to adapt to the new version.

You should revert to CC 2015. This thread explains how:

Cannot revert from InDesign CC2017 to CC 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, tnx for your quick response. I installed Indesign CC 2015 again. Schermafbeelding 2016-11-08 om 13.39.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should always expect all of your plugins to fail on all new upgrades, and expect at least a delay in any fixes. Sometimes a plugin is never updated at all. This is not ideal, but it is how it is. In CC I recommend delaying upgrades until plugins are all checked, and keeping the old version installed in case a need to fall back happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks TSN. I`ll make a list of my plugins, so I can check them before updating.

I also asked Enfocus to stay in touch with Adobe, so that they know when CC-updates are released. Enfocus than should inform customers of the fact that their plugin of Connect You probably won`t work in the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was some bad communication about the InDesign SDK between Adobe and the developers which delayed its release to the developers which is very unfortunate. It just means that it will take longer than usual for the developers to update their plug-ins for the new file format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having been involved in plug-in development (for other apps), there are many things that can happen. Just out of interest, here are a few possibilities when software is upgraded.
* The plugin keeps working
* The plugin just needs to be remade with a new SDK (coder magic), but
** The SDK might have been available for some time, ready for the developer to use and test, or
** The SDK might not be available until several months have passed (so nobody can do anything)
* There's some behind the scenes change which needs a lot of work on the plug-in, which nobody will see. (I've seen up to six person months work like this)
* The plug-in was made using things that the main app no longer has, and can't be made to work again. Game over.
* Everything was fine with the beta app, but the release app was different (developers don't necessarily get the release app any earlier).

* The upgrade coincided with some other commitments in the plug-in developer so they have no time to be doing this task just yet (for example: fails in Sierra, fails in CC 2017: which to fix first?)

These of course are the plug-in developers problem. But they become the end users problem if they upgrade without checking. I'd always give it 2 weeks before even checking, even if the plug-in is supposed to be available, in case horrible things come up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines