• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading my Pe version.

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quick question. I am upgrading my Pe version from 7 to 15. I still have som un finished files i want to edit. Do my saved files open normaly in Pe15?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Premiere Elements is virtually never backwards compatible. And you certainly will not be able to open version 7 files in version 15. In fact, trying to do so will likely corrupt the project files.

We always recommend completing your project in the version you started it in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements is virtually never backwards compatible. And you certainly will not be able to open version 7 files in version 15. In fact, trying to do so will likely corrupt the project files.

We always recommend completing your project in the version you started it in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Steve. the problem is that i cannot complete the current project under the  current condition. I am not a pc expert so I do not know how to explain the problem I am having. but my pc is very slow. Pe7 opens normally. but when I try opening my saved file to continue editing, the whole program shuts down. If I open a new project, it lets me edit with no problem. I'ts as if the existing project has some error. cause when ever i try to open it, it eithers says that the program is low on virtual memory. or it crashes and just closes the program. i do not even get to render the existing project let alone save it as a file in order to open it when i intent to use Pe15 on a new pc I ordered and am awaiting to arrive. do you have any thoughts on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not without knowing a lot more about your system, asharuba. Unfortunately, the issues are likely way too deep to troubleshoot on a user to user forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines