• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purchased, installed and registered Lr6 during LrCC trial period; trial is over problems using my purchased software.

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had previously been running Lr5.7 and then tried LrCC during a free trial period.  I actually preferred to have the software on my own computer so I can use it whenever I want, rather than pay for it monthly and not use it.  So I purchased Lr6, installed it on my computer and registered it during that trial period.  After the trial period ended, Lr6 that was installed on my computer no longer worked; I'd open it and it would just freeze.

Just to check to ensure this wasn't just a Lr problem, I tried to open my Ps program as well that I also have on my computer - no problem.  After doing that I tried Lr6 again, which resulted in the following message:

Configuration Error
Please uninstall and reinstall the product.
If this problem still occurs please contact Adobe Technical Support for help and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.
Error: 16

So I did just that: uninstalled, reinstalled and re-registered my Lr6 software and everything was working fine.  That was two days ago (Sat 5 Nov).

Today (Mon 7 Nov) I tried to open Lr6 and the same thing happened again (the Configuration Error message).  Do I really have to uninstall, reinstall and licence my purchased software AGAIN (that would be the third time)?

I tried the Ps option again thinking it may clear the problem.  Ps opened without any problem but when I tried Lr, I get a prompt to sign in to Adobe and licence my software.  Is this a cue for LrCC?  I'm not using LrCC and have no desire to do so.  I have Lr6 installed on my computer, which I purchased and registered and now I can't use it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Did you update to 6.7? If not, download from here and apply the update: Install Photoshop Lightroom

Use this guide to convert from CC trial to standalone LR6 license: How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update to 6.7? If not, download from here and apply the update: Install Photoshop Lightroom

Use this guide to convert from CC trial to standalone LR6 license: How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installation you get a pop up screen to take a trial off Creative Cloud, you have to close this and not click on ok.

(it's confiusing,)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ron E wrote:

...I actually preferred to have the software on my own computer so I can use it whenever I want, rather than pay for it monthly and not use it...

A common misconception!  Lightroom CC is installed on your computer.  It is not an application way up in the cloud.  Perhaps the word cloud should be changed to On Line Store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines