• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uniform Color Settings All Users - Photoshop CS6

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to develop a method of ensuring all users are working with the same Color Settings. We have many users working on many different computers so manually setting these is out of the question. With Windows 7, I have created a .bat script to copy 'Color Settings.csf' from a correct set up on user logon (C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings). This works some of the time, but not always as I will find users working outside of our standard - and they did not alter it manually. I have also tried creating a custom 'Color Setting' and loading that in the appropriate user App Data location. Doing so allows the user to select this custom setting but does not force it to the active state automatically.

Currently I use a .bat to build a profile tree if one does not exist and copy over the 'Color Settings.csf' file to the designated folder in the profile tree (C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings). From past research this is the file that manipulates the areas I wish to align (mentioned below).

However this method does not always work. the file copies over but it seems that simply dropping 'Color Settings.csf' file does not 100% guarantee that the user will have the settings:

1. Working Spaces > RGB:sRGB IEC61966-2.1
  2. Color Management Policies > RGB: Convert to Working RGB
  3. Profile Mismatches > mark BOTH Ask When Opening and Ask When Pasting
  4. Missing Profiles > mark Ask When Opening

Script:

if not exist "C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings" mkdir "C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings"

set "src=\\Server\Source_Path\Color_Source"

set "dest=C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings"

xcopy /y "%src%" "%dest%"

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

I found 2 ways of doing it in ExtendScript. You can also run it from inside of Photoshop, or from Terminal.

Save one of the following 2 scripts as a .jsx file (I called mine "setColorSettings.jsx").

Option 1

This is probably the best option since it doesn't have a reference to a file on the users local setup. It will set all the properties you mentioned above.

setColorSettings();

function setColorSettings() {

var desc = new ActionDescriptor();

var ref = new ActionReference();

ref.putPropert

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found 2 ways of doing it in ExtendScript. You can also run it from inside of Photoshop, or from Terminal.

Save one of the following 2 scripts as a .jsx file (I called mine "setColorSettings.jsx").

Option 1

This is probably the best option since it doesn't have a reference to a file on the users local setup. It will set all the properties you mentioned above.

setColorSettings();

function setColorSettings() {

ref.putProperty( charIDToTypeID( "Prpr" ), stringIDToTypeID( "colorSettings" ) );

ref.putEnumerated( charIDToTypeID( "capp" ), charIDToTypeID( "Ordn" ), charIDToTypeID( "Trgt" ) );

desc.putReference( charIDToTypeID( "null" ), ref );

var colorSettingsDesc = new ActionDescriptor();

colorSettingsDesc.putString( stringIDToTypeID( "workingRGB" ), """sRGB IEC61966-2.1""" );

colorSettingsDesc.putEnumerated(  stringIDToTypeID( "policyRGB" ), stringIDToTypeID( "policy" ), charIDToTypeID( "Cnvr" ) );

colorSettingsDesc.putBoolean( stringIDToTypeID( "askMismatchOpening" ), true );

colorSettingsDesc.putBoolean( stringIDToTypeID( "askMismatchPasting" ), true );

colorSettingsDesc.putBoolean( stringIDToTypeID( "askMissing" ), true );

desc.putObject( charIDToTypeID( "T   " ), stringIDToTypeID( "colorSettings" ), colorSettingsDesc );

executeAction( charIDToTypeID( "setd" ), desc, DialogModes.NO );

}

Option 2

This script makes a reference to a file on the users local setup ("/Users/javier/Desktop/test.csf"). Replace this string with your "Color Settings.csf" path.

loadColorSettings();

function loadColorSettings() {

ref.putProperty( charIDToTypeID( "Prpr" ), stringIDToTypeID( "colorSettings" ) );

ref.putEnumerated( charIDToTypeID( "capp" ), charIDToTypeID( "Ordn" ), charIDToTypeID( "Trgt" ) );

desc.putReference( charIDToTypeID( "null" ), ref );

var colorSettingsDesc = new ActionDescriptor();

colorSettingsDesc.putPath( charIDToTypeID( "Usng" ), new File( "/Users/javier/Desktop/test.csf" ) ); //<-- Replace path with JSX script file path

desc.putObject( charIDToTypeID( "T   " ), stringIDToTypeID( "colorSettings" ), colorSettingsDesc );

executeAction( charIDToTypeID( "setd" ), desc, DialogModes.NO );

}

If you don't want the user to run a script from inside of Photoshop, but prefer to run something from Terminal, you can execute the above JSX script file from the correct target application. In my case it was "Adobe Photoshop CC 2015". I'm on MacOS, so I can't guarantee the Windows commands will work.

MacOS / Windows? (untested)

open -a "Adobe Photoshop CC 2015" "/Users/javier/Desktop/setColorSettings.jsx"

MacOS

osascript -e 'tell application "Adobe Photoshop CC 2015" to do javascript "#include /Users/javier/Desktop/setColorSettings.jsx"'

Windows (untested)

photoshop.exe "C:\Users\javier\Desktop\setColorSettings.jsx"

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Javier,

This seems promising and is certainly closer to the solution we need.

For anyone that is curious how to implement this on Windows 7:

Create a .bat script to call Photoshop and run the .jsx provided above.

• "C:/Program Files/Photoshop.exe" "//Server/Path/setColorSettings.jsx"

This will launch Photoshop with the settings the javascript determines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will also have to control Scripts and Actions allow on your machine and find a way to disable  Edit Color Settings...  otherwise user will change color settings.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines