• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linked Footage From Premiere Pro Not Tracking in After Effects?

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

There is a certain clip in my Premiere Pro CC 2017 project that i wish to track in After Effects, however, when i replace the clip with an after effects composition i can't seem to track the clip that i want. ( The Tracker option is faded out) this means that i have to click into the composition and go through the raw footage of the clip (which can sometimes be 20 minutes long) to find a 5-second clip that i wish to track!

Is there a way to track linked footage without having to dig through the raw file?

Thank you

Ryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Double-click on the footage in your composition. This will load the raw footage file into the layer panel (note: not the composition panel even though they're often in the same place). The footage should also have in and out points set to match the in and out points in your composition (if it doesn't trim the footage to the ends of your comp). Tracking should be easy from here on out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines