• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

old computer died pulled out HD out and put it in to new computer and know it wants me to deactivate LR6 off old computer

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get Adobe to deactivate my old computer that died and let me activate LR6 on the new computer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi josephb,

Please Contact Customer Care to get this issue sorted.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I contact customer care? The web site just runs you around. How do I get to a live chat with them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is "still need help .. contact us": Contact Customer Care

Your old computer is registered as activated with the computer name - this need to be deleted from your Adobe-ID account.

@ds art

This only works for CC subscription - AFAIK. Since the OP writes that he has LR6 this is not an option for him.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right about I don't have CC subscription. How do I get some help out of someone at Adobe about this? I can't seem to get a live chat to save my soul for some HELP.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

McLion has just explained how to get to Live Chat. He said

There is "still need help .. contact us": Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That just gets me to more of "what is your problem" and I never get a live chat. I've hit "still need help/contact us" and got put back to the menus. How do I get around this and arrive at a live chat so that I can actually have a dialogue with someone who can help me resolve my problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I get:

Click on one of the options ....

Where are you located?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you're logged into www.adobe.com with the AdobeID used to purchase LR 6 then click on the link, above.

Also, it may be that your browser doesn't support the webpage programming so try another browser type, IE, FireFox, Chrome, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go into your Adobe account (www.adobe.com en login)
in account manager choose your plan, there you can see your active computers, just click on the cross after the computer wouldn't use anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines